Combat Engineer Dyneema® Thread
Who wouldn’t want thread that will hold 40 pounds and is easy to carry, including our Uncle Sam? When Uncle Sam ordered Dyneema® Thread for his Combat Engineers, his EOD people wanted some too. We had more produced, and now we have some extras, fresh from the mill.
Specs: 50 Feet, 0.288mm thick on a dispenser roll with thread cutter. (Don’t let the thin size of this thread fool you, you must have a tool to cut this thread.)
The dispenser is compact and resembles a small dental floss box with a removable roll. Other than the box, there is no similarity to dental floss.
Why Dyneema® Combat Engineer Thread?
- Resistance chemicals
- Low density
- Invisible to ultra-violet light sources and thermal imaging devices
- Floats on water
- Smooth to the touch
- Fire resistant and self-extinguishing
- Can withstand extreme cold and hot temperatures
- Biologically inert (doesn't cause a reaction to the human body)
- Sonic velocity and acoustic impedance near that of water
- High electrical resistance
- Elongation at break is low, energy needed to break is high
- Very high strength (15X stronger than steel)
On a weight-for-weight basis, Dyneema® is 15 times stronger than steel and is 40 percent stronger than most aramid fibers.